Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Meat Market

Albertson's is having a deal where if you buy $25 worth of participating Unilever/Kraft items you get $10 off meat or seafood. Combine the sale items with coupons and you can have your Easter feast for pretty cheap! Sale ends, April 14.

**Also, in Sunday's newspaper, there was a Unilever insert that has a rebate for meat. So this makes the deal even sweeter!

I went this morning and here's what I got. Since I've been out of the couponing game for a couple of months now, I didn't have any coupons from newspaper inserts. But I did have some printed coupons for most of the items I bought.
To take advantage of this sale, I did one transaction, and I purchesed $40 worth of Unilever items and $10 worth of Kraft items, along with a Hormel, honey glazed, sliced sprial ham for $21.00 (you don't have to get this ham specifically, this is just what I got). Doing it this way in one transaction satisfied two different promotions. This gave me $20 off on my meat purchase instantly at the check out per the Alberston's promo, as well as counting towards my $20 rebate from Unilever. (To get $20 rebate you must purchase a $20 ham, plus purchase $40 worth of Unilever products & have the rebate form from Sundays insert. ) See ** at beginning of post.


Okay, now, here's what I got:
2 tubs country crock butter spread calcium plus vit. d
4 skippy peanut butter
4 wishbone salad dressing
4 korr pasta sides
1 375 ct. cotton swabs
2 bertolli oven bakes
2 5 packs, kraft mac-n-cheese
1 box grahm crackers
1 hormel ham ($21.00)


The Results:
Paid Out of Pocket: $42.85
Coupon & Store Savings: $74.26
Savings: $63%

After Unilever meat rebate:
I will have paid Out of Pocket: $22.85 (the price of my ham)
Savings: $80%

2 comments:

Danielle said...

thanks, definately will try to work this one in to my schedule. I have been out of it on the coupon scene, but I did just purchase my first Q's on ebay. I haven't ever done that before, so we will see. I spent $2 on 20/$1 kelloggs Q's.

khepworth said...

Dani: Cereal q's are great q's to get! Also, the meat thing was so worth it. I have enough ham to feed an army!

~kanani
centsible shopper