Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Quick Albertsons Trip


Had to get one last run in before the big sale ended. We liked the Fiber One Granola bars so much that we thought we'd better stock up on them. (Particularly the Oats & Strawberries with Almonds.) Along with stocking up on the granola, I took advantage of the in ad double coupon and got some cleaning supplies.
Here's what I got:
2 x Cheerios snack mixes
11 x boxes of Fiber One granola bars
1 x Muffin Top Malto Meal Cereal
1 x Jolly Time Popcorn
6 x Lysol disinfectant wipes
1 x Lysol toilet bowl cleaner
5 x Lysol multipurpose cleaner

The results:
$70.41 in man. coupons and in store sale savings
Got 27 items and paid .61/item
Paid $16.44 out of pocket after $15 catalina's
Saved 81%

3 comments:

GraceFromHim said...

wow! I need to become more frugal! This was an encouragement to do better in this area ;)

The Haley Family said...

I just can't believe what you have purchased! I WISH, WISH, WISH that I had that opportunity here!! Great job Kanani!

khepworth said...

GraceFromHim: Once you coupon, you will be hooked!

Allison: do you get the Albertson's ad delivered in the mail or in your newspaper? IF so, see if Walmart will do an ad match. Most Walmarts will.

Don't know if you read my response to one of your comments a while back,but here it is again:

"Yes, I have a GREAT tip for you! Do the ads for the stores that are far away from you still come in your paper? Like the albertson's ad or the Smiths ad? If so, Walmart should price match the competitors ad.

For example: if you take the albertsons ad into walmart, and show them that the cereal is on sale, they will give it to you at the albertson's sale price.

I would call your Walmart and ask them if they price match (they should, most do) and ask them if they take coupons printed from the internet."

I know you live in the middle of no where-I've driven through a few times, and there just isn't much there. But if you can price match, that would be the way to go.

~Kanani
Centsible Shopper