Friday, January 30, 2009

Quaker Trip

Remember when Albertson's had their Quaker sale? I started posting about my trip, but I got sick and never finished. So now that I'm feeling up to it, here's how I made out at that sale.

I got:

33 boxes of instant oatmeal-My kids LOVE this stuff.
AND

11 things of instant oats

The results:
I Had a coupon for every item plus I used $15 in catalina's
Total Paid Out of Pocket: $16.18
Total Coupons and store savings: $182.16
Got: 44 items
Paid: .37/item
Savings: 92%

3 comments:

Mindy Sauther said...

You mentioned that you used $15 in catalina's. What is that?

khepworth said...

Hi Mindy!

Catalina's are a piece of paper that a machine spits (prints) out (like a reciept) that has various stuff printed on them.

Some examples: Save $1.50 when you buy 5 Betty Crocker fruit snacks. OR in my case with this specific post, I had $15 in catalina's (Just like cash)to use on future purchases. I got them from a previous sale at Albertsons.

You don't always get catalina'a. The machine is programmed that when you buy ceratin items, to print a catalina of sorts. Right now there are no catalina's printing for $$$ money off. They usually advertise in their ad when they do.

Hope that helps.
~Kanani
Centsible Shopper

Ashley Thalman said...

holy crap!
Kanani, I had no idea you were so awesome about this! I am freaking out a little here. You are so cool. So so cool.